Fifteen Years Later
Here are some links on the Fall of the Berlin Wall:
- My posts: here, here, and here.
- Memories from Berliners of the Fall (googlized English).
- The remainder of the Wall (googlized English).
- Interview with former Politburo member on end of DDR (googlized English).
- Crosses at Checkpoint Charlie to those who died at the Wall (googlized English). Also here (in English).
- Two galleries commemorating the Fall of the Wall (Koelner Stadt Anzeiger and Frankfuerter Allgemeine Zeitung).
- The muliple significance of November 9 in German history (its also Kristallnacht) (in English).
- The ambivalence of East Berliners (in English): Today, the citizens of the former East Germany appear to retain little sense of that pride, despite their courage at carrying out a peaceful and bloodless revolution and holding huge demonstrations in Leipzig and Berlin. If anything ... there is an overwhelming feeling of resignation.