Friday, November 26, 2004

What will he eat next?

Tuivel is, for a rabbit, without scruples. We have discovered that he will eat almost anything.

It started a few days ago. I was hunched over on the floor, looking at a newspaper and casually eating an asiago cheese bagel. He took it from my hand and ran away with it. I could have dismissed this incident. He may have wanted the bread more than the cheese. However, my wife decided to test his limits. She brought him a small cube of gruyere, which he ate with glee.

Yesterday, my wife tried more. I had made betzels, a filled pastry from North Africa that I make with Phyllo and fry in oil. I made some for Thanksgiving dinner (so much for invented traditions), using garlic, egg, gruyere and sauteed spinach. He loved it.

Today, my wife tried something most rabbits would resist. She offered Tuivel roasted garlic. The pungence should have scared him away. But HE ATE THAT TOO.

What next?

3 Comments:

At 3:34 AM, Blogger Joel said...

What next? Better put that rabbit on a treadmill, or he's going to end up as big as a suckling pig! Or is he already on an Atkins diet?

 
At 3:42 AM, Blogger EGO SVM CAROLVS said...

Hahaha, that was funny!

 
At 10:07 AM, Blogger Nathanael said...

Tuivel already weighs more than 11 pounds. My biggest concern is that he will want something more ... maybe he is after me and my wife (last thanksgiving he bit my nose, leaving a scar that only now has healed).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home