Friday, February 11, 2005

Snow

Yesterday was miserable. It snowed just enough that driving was difficult not enough to close campus today. Boo!



Nonetheless, my wife and I ventured out. When went to the Mt Holyoke College Museum. Petals and Plumage brought together various examples of Indian textiles. The collection was visually appealing, but I felt that more context should have been created around the individual pieces. The other was Eye on Water, an exhibition in conjunction with a conference on water issues in the 21st century. The works were mostly photographs and some paintings from the college's collection. My favorite works were an illustration of Venice by Hiroshi Yoshida, this photograph of a Brazillian garden by Sandy Gall, and Martha Armstrongs expressionistic look at the Ox Bow.



Like I said, winter sucks!
Posted by Hello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home