Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Love of Sevens (Meme)

Brandon did this one, here is my take:

Seven things to do before I die

  • Hike the Atlas Mountains
  • Sight read music on classical guitar
  • Teach a child how to speak French
  • watch all Jean Renoir's films in one sitting
  • live in Chimayo, New Mexico
  • have up to seven rabbits of different breeds
  • buy a small place somewhere in Alsace

Seven things I cannot do
  • play video games
  • bake bread
  • open a jar of pickles
  • sleep on my back
  • read a Victorian novel
  • work an 'eight-hour day'
  • change oil (and any other car-maintenance task)

Seven things that attract me to my best friend
  • reads books that I do not
  • talks about cuisine and wine drinking
  • knows a lot about music and could jam upon occasion
  • travels to interesting places
  • has no interest in talking about her/his car, my car or cars in general, unless the car talk is about Car Talk
  • I let them be the artist, s/he lets me be the historian
  • doesn't use the verb 'disrespect'

Seven things I say most often
  • dude!
  • noch ein/une autre (usually said at a bar)
  • absurd
  • thereof
  • memorialized
  • what the ...
  • (the untranslatable rolling eye for which I am famous)

Seven books (or series) I love
  • The six or seven volumes that make up Jabès' Book of Questions
  • Guo's Soul Mountain
  • The Icelandic Sagas
  • Emile Zola's La Bête Humaine
  • Elisabeth Reichart's February Shadows
  • Kundera's Unbearable Lightness of Being
  • Sebald's The Emigrants

Seven movies I watch over and over again (or would watch over and over if I had the time)
  • Hedwig and the Angry Inch
  • The Great Dictator
  • The Last Laugh
  • Blazing Saddles
  • Wings of Desire (Himmel über Berlin)
  • To Live
  • West Side Story

Seven people I want to join in, too
I don't want to curse that many people, although I will tag Johno at Perfidy and Nuno at Rua da Judiaria

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home