Friday, June 08, 2007

Fiddlin' Around

Another extended break has come to an end. No more lecturing, no more grading. I just came back from a short trip to California to see my parents (or rather, to bring my son to see my parents for the first time). It was fun, and maybe I'll write something up about San Diego's Balboa Park. However, the more pressing task is to write my AHA paper (Adenauer's Transient Pasts--good ole' Konnie), which I'll post here in fragments.

Anyway, I've been having fun hunting down source material in music, trying to expand my vocabulary for the mandolin. A lot of fiddle music doubles as mandolin music. I'm surprised not only by the amount of sheet music available, but the historic recordings as well. Two things to check out: The Digital Library of Appalachia and Virtual Gramophone: Canadian Historical Sound Recordings. Other online archives of interest:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home